How often should I give this to my child?
1 dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
<4 years old.....................Do not use
4-5 years old.....................2.5 - 5 mL
6-11 years old.....................10mL
Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg
Guaifenesin 100 mg
acesulfame potassium, citric acid, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, glycerin, monoammonium glycyrrhizinate, poloxamer 407, potassium sorbate, propylene glycol, purifed water, sodium chloride, sodium citrate, sucralose, sucrose
• Each 5 mL contains: sodium 3 mg
• Dosage cup provided
• Store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
• Tamper Evident: do not use if printed safety seal on the bottle is broken or missing
• Cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
• The intensity of coughing
• The impulse to cough which will help your child get to sleep
Helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive.
When using this product
• Do not exceed recommended dosage (see overdose warning)
• May cause excitability, especially in children
• Marked drowsiness may occur
• Sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
Ask a doctor/pharmacist before use if your child has
• Cough that occurs with excessive phlegm (mucus)
• Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma or chronic bronchitis
Do not use for a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child’s prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving the child this product.
Stop use and ask a doctor/pharmacist if
• Cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
• Cough comes back or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache
These could be signs of a serious condition.